Tuesday, March 31, 2009

a walk down the cemetry

slept at 4 a.m.
woke up at 7 a.m.
went on the whole day.
tired, maybe.
complaning, nope.
i started my day today at the graveyard.
not very typical, i know.
but believe it or not,
i actually find it really peaceful there.
i like the feeling it gives me,
the peace and quietness.
am i weird?
i dont think so.
cause those who've been there with me would think the same.
as oppose to what horror films have imposed on us,
it really has a calming effect.
fresh air, lotsa green,
minimal sunlight peering through the leaves,
leaving us with just enough warmth..
and the PEACE.
the effect it has on me is pure magic.
did i mention the dogs there?
friendly bunch.
friends who've been there with me would have received a ground tour,
the dog's tomb,
the armies',
my grandpa's...
that place intrigues me in ways one can never imagine.
i love stories.
and that place is full of it.
the dates,
the words on the tomb,
the names.
it makes you wonder what they're like,
if the words mirror a certain part of them,
the name, who could the have been.
but there's always one thing i'd notice.
the DATES.
how it all started?
how did it end?
how did they live in that period?
what was it like?
endless questions,
wonders and curiousity.
some were of 18th century,
some 19th..and so on.
the older it is,
the more it interests me.
just by looking at them makes me feel like i'm looking at a part of history.
the abundance of mystery they hold is just captivating.
and today,
one caught my eye.
a 19th century one.
it said E G CULLEN,
i just watched twilight yesterday.
edward cullen is more than 100 years old right?
things like that just sets off imagination.
lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment