Monday, March 23, 2009

first time!

sunday, 10.00 am
i rushed there expecting to find a few girls in 'uniform' lingering around only to find none.
went up to 'her' got my uniform and changed in the portable sanitary thing aka plastic box for people to pee in.
i sighed a sigh of relief the moment i saw the uniform.
FUIHHHH.......it was neither slutty, nor skanky.
it was actually more decent than the dress i had on before i changed into it.
haha...so much for slutting away for the day.

i was like UBER excited the day before.
probably cause it was my first time working for someone else;
being NEW.
at the same time, i was quite worried.
i mean, i have seen those car roadshow's chics.
painted an interesting mental pic for myself too.
but heck, it's good money.
plus, they didnt even make me put on em boots;
omg, couldnt thank the good lord enough.
so there i went, 5 hours on heels.
had a few interesting encounters as well.
notice i've been using the word interesting often?
cause it was!
fyi, i was a goodyear tyre's promoter,
or so i was told in the midst of everything,
goodyear tyres ambassador.( what what??)
and i was left to stand there to figure out who was who,
boi...i didnt even noe i was talking to my boss until he handed me his namecard.
i thought he was some chiko taking pics with me.
basically, my job was to hand out flyers and SMILE.
first, i handed this man one.
he smiled and asked,
got staff price ah?and a bunch of other stuff.
my reply,
no sir.you can still check out what's going on there.yadayadayada
30 minutes later,
i saw him ushering a bunch of other rich lookin ppl( invited guests)
apparently he's one of those 'up there'
felt like smacking myself in the head right there and then,
SUCH AN IDIOT, i tell ya.
btw, i was referrin to me.
then there's this other fella,
so miss, are these run flat tyres?
me being blur,
huh? what's run flat tyre?
thankfully, another dude came to my rescue,
i was too grateful for his help i couldnt rmb what he said,
until i heard..
erm, that i'm not sure, you'd have to ask her..
her? i asked her and she asked me back the same thing!!
*deiii...sarcastic much????*
tempted to lash back,
i was told to stand here, smile and be pretty ( feel free to keep your opinions to yourself; at least i tried?) and distribute these.pfft!!
my hero, happened to be bmw rep,
i was the ONLY goodyear promoter there and fyi,
they left me there, ALONE
with a bunch of flyers..
no info, no price, no nothing.
gahhh..was i frustrated.
after 5 grueling hours under the hot sun, i practically ran back to my car.
the pay,
i cant complain, of course XD


No comments:

Post a Comment